Integrated Health Home
Instead of just treating a single aspect of your health such as depression or diabetes you and your team will focus on how your behavior, your mind, and your body influence your wellness.
The focus of Integrated Health Home is integrating medical and behavioral care, as well as social support needs, with the intention of improving health through better coordination, communication, resource access, health and wellness education and activities.
Criteria for Integrated Health Home
- Not currently enrolled in a Medical Health Home
- Not on any waiver (except Habilitation)
- A qualifying diagnosis
- Psychotic Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Bipolor Disorder
- Delusional Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Experiences functional impairment
The Integrated Health Team at Northeast Iowa Behavioral Health will help coordinate all of your services and make sure you get the services you need.
Benefits of Joining Include
- A peer who knows what it is like to walk in your shoes. Peer support specialists are people who have dealt with life experiences and have been trained to offer peer support. They may work with people alone or in groups. They understand emotional, social, and community needs.
- A nurse who can assist you in getting or staying healthy.
- A care coordinator who can work with you to get the services and supports you need.
This program allows you to continue to receive services through multiple providers and you also get a team of people who are working with you on your goals and helping to coordinate your care.
The services are FREE if you receive behavioral health services through the Iowa Plan. It is offered in addition to the benefits you already receive.